Friday, May 24, 2013

Pray for Justice and Compassion



Christians must pray together for justice and compassion. We are bombarded with petitions to sign for officials to render justice, but we must first petition Heaven for whatever we need. For we remember that it is God who promised to cause men to give unto our bosoms. "I myself will tend my sheep and have them lie down, declares the Sovereign LORD" (Ez. 34:15). This blog is a place to meet and pray for one another regarding justice issues.

Tell as little or as much as you wish about your circumstances. God already knows. Some people may want to share their issues and include links, and others may want to enter only their first names. We will pray together and uplift each other in prayer.  Whether you pray regarding a personal justice quest or for the passage of some righteous bill, God encourages us to come to Him with our petitions. We will humble ourselves before God in public. For all who are ashamed of their faith in Jesus before men likewise make Jesus ashamed of them before His Father.

I also encourage Christians to fast along with praying. Some friends and I are giving up either food or something else we value from 6:00 p.m. every Saturday until 6:00 a.m. Sundays. Extend the fasting time as your ability to resist temptation grows. Please do not vow to join us in this fast unless you will follow through. It is better not to make a vow and break it. A vow to fast is not necessary to join us in prayer.

Like most human and civil rights activists, I have spent years speaking truth to power and admonishing our decision makers to be just and to honor the Golden Rule. Some improvements have been made in some areas, but I am reminded that the Bible says that we have not because we ask not or because we ask amiss. We must make our prayers and supplications to God. 

I have many online friends who are atheists, agnostics, and who serve other gods. We can and do fight injustice together, but we cannot pray together. Just send good vibes.

Please enter your prayer requests as comments, or simply put your name to show that you have entered the prayer closet with us. All Christians are welcome. If you experience a victory, please remember us who prayed with you. Come back to let us know that God answered our prayers so that we can rejoice with you and be encouraged. Again, you can tell the details or just write your first name and the words "Victory in Jesus."

My dear condemned brothers and sisters, this activist will soon leave online advocacy. Most of all, I hate leaving you while capital punishment is still allowed in the United States. I agonize with each of you on death row. Know that with the same fervor this activist fought for Troy Davis, Thomas Arthur, Hank Skinner, Andre Thomas, and many others for years, I will pray for you as your execution date nears. I will pray for a miracle for you. I will pray for a new trial or DNA tests for the innocent. If you are guilty, I will pray for mercy. I believe prayer is more effective than online advocacy, especially with all the censorship that happens regarding my anti-DP advocacy. If God yet allows hypocrites to stretch you out on that cold table and inject poison into your system, try not to hate them. Let your thoughts toward your executioners be pity. Our God will surely avenge you. 

I will be praying for you day and night. This promise I leave with you, and a promise from God:

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land." ~2 Chronicles 7:14

Pray for justice and compassion. Both are God's will.

No comments:

Post a Comment